Sunday, August 30, 2009

Idea #17: I-Pal

I-Pal is an application for Iphone. I-Pal is your personal Iphone buddy. It’s an animated character that “lives” and “hangs out” in your phone and has 'meaningless' conversations with you! (that’s what we do normally with friends, isn’t it?). I-Pal is the closest thing to having a quirky friend inside your I-Phone.

Here’s what I-Pal does or does not (as the case may turn out to be),

1. The primary use of I-Pal is to talk nonsensical gibberish anytime and anywhere. Here’s how it works,

• I-Pal will contain a predefined list of responses, responses that are fairly general in nature but can be categorised as humour, movie dialogues, quotes, spiritual wisdom, health tips, business gyan and general chatter that we use in daily life. It will have hundreds of such responses. It will also have a built in random response generator

• You can invoke a conversation with I-Pal by asking a question, passing a comment, talking about how you feel and pretty much anything

• I-Pal using its random generator and the set of predefined responses will throw back at you a response. The responses from I-Pal are random, mostly illogical, not connected to the question or the point you made!

• You can however decide the categories of responses by pre configuring the category. The categories could be humorous one liner, movie quotes, spiritual wisdom, business gyan, health tip, celebrity gossip etc

• You interact with I-Pal by just talking into the phone but I-Pal will display its response as a text message within the application

Examples of the conversations and responses from I-Pal

User: Good Morning I-Pal
I-Pal: I had my dinner!!

User: What are you doing I-Pal?
I-Pal: Inaction is a subtle form of action!!

At times the responses can be ‘accidentally relevant’

User: Feel like seeing a movie I-Pal…
I-Pal: Starts Itune and plays the Iron Man movie (see the next point)

• I-Pal can also respond by randomly playing a song or a video from your playlist

To summarize, I-Pal is an animated character that generates random preconfigured text (could eventually be voice) responses to the user’s voice input messages.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment: